Saturday 4 October 2014

Vietnam: My Tho River & Cu Chi Tunnels




















Those who know me are well aware that I have been travelling for almost a year now. Well, out of the amount of countries you can visit and cities you can see in the World I will start showing you Vietnam as I had the chance to go there quite recently and I loved it. I stayed in Ho Chi Mihn City (Southern side of the country) and I spent two days there.
On the first day I took a tour that brought me to My Tho Mekong River and the nine little islands that are well protected in the middle of the ocean. A very intense excursion.
On the second day I took a tour to Cu Chi Tunnels, those that were built during war against US military. I have to say the amount of traps and equipment that vietnamese people created at that time are very impressive and probably pioneering in manmade crafts of that kind. The tunnels itself are basically claustrophobic. An experience to tick off the list.
I also had the opportunity to take a few pictures of the buddhas temple of Chua Vinh Trang. Huge and very well kept sculptures  with beautiful plants and flowers all over the place.
I strongly recommend taking a couple of weeks trip to this green asian country. In fact, my desire is to go back and to discover it in its fullness from bottom to top soon.
Safe trips people! XX

Aquellos que me conocéis sabéis de sobres que llevo viajando ya casi un año. Bien, de todos los paises que puede uno visitar y de la ciudades que puede uno ver en el mundo, empiezo por mostraros Vietnam, ya que tuve la oportunidad de ir allí recientemente y me encantó.
Estuve en Ho Chi Mihn City (en la parte sur del país) durante dos días.
El primer día agarré un tour que me llevó al río My Tho Mekong y a las nueve pequeñas islas que tan bien protegidas están en medio del océano en una excursión muy completa.
El segundo día agarré un tour a los túneles Cu Chi, que fueron contruidos durante la guerra contra el ejército de los Estados Unidos. Tengo que decir que la cantidad de trampas y de material que los vietnamitas crearon en su momento son impresionantes y probablemente pioneros en artículos  de ese tipo hechos a mano por el hombre. Los túneles en sí son básicamente claustrofóbicos. Una experiéncia para tachar de la lista.

También tuve la oportunidad de sacar unas cuantas fotos del templo budista de Chua Vinh Trang. Enormes y cuidadas esculturas rodeadas de plantas y flores por todas partes.
Os recomiendo mucho ir durante un par de semanas a este verde país asiático. De hecho, mi deseo es volver y descubrirlo en su totalidad de arriba a abajo pronto.
Buen viaje a todos! Besos

No comments:

Post a Comment